by Lisa Newman
Are you fed up with dieting?
Are you one of the millions of women in the world who:
- Rely on diets to lose or maintain weight?
- Cycle between being on or off a diet, or losing weight and gaining it back?
- Are continually searching for the holy weight-loss grail in the form of new and improved diets, magic supplements, or miracle cures?
- Are following, or attempting to follow, rigid eating guidelines that eliminate foods, or even whole food groups, that you would otherwise enjoy?
- Have become completely confused about what, when, or how much to eat?
Or do you:
- Feel guilty when you eat foods not on your diet? Or when you eat foods you enjoy? Or when you eat at all?
- Give food morality, as in “good” or “bad,” “allowed” or “not allowed”?
Maybe you are one of the millions of women who feel dissatisfied with your body but can’t face the prospect of another diet?
Have you heard that diets don’t work or come to that conclusion on your own because they aren’t working for you?
What if you could just stop? Stop the outside rules, the restriction, and the deprivation. What if you could stop the suffering caused by dieting?
Dieting may be all you know to do right now. But here is another way, which is why this community of Women Eat exists.
In our premier issue, “Revolution”, we are addressing these questions with the goal of increasing your understanding of why diets don’t work, how dieting and the dieting lifestyle have caused you so much suffering, and what to do instead.
In future issues, we will explore all of the many ways to heal your relationship with food, eating, and your body.
So, let’s get started!
Lisa Newman, Publisher
To be sure you don’t miss anything, sign up to be notified when we have new content sign up for our list below, and join the conversation on Facebook!
If you have original content to contribute, click here.
Lisa Newman serves women in mid-life who want to get beyond emotional eating. She approaches healing from the bottom up in order to affect real and lasting change while developing each woman’s inner wisdom as to what is uniquely right for them. She is also the Publisher of the website Women Eat, bringing together the best voices in the fields of psychology, nutrition, fitness, and personal growth to answer the question, “If diets don’t work, what does?”
She is a certified Psychology of Eating Coach with over 30 years of experience in peer counseling, coaching, speaking, and teaching. You can find out more at the Beyond Emotional Eating Virtual Group and on the WomenEat About page.